Matthews™ acquisition of Cadence Capital Partners, provides the company an established equity placement division to augment its investment sales and debt platforms. Our equity placement group was formed to solve what is often the most time consuming and vexing aspect of a real estate development or acquisition: the capital raise process. Outside of the handful of “usual suspects” for real estate debt and equity, sponsors don’t have the time or resources to investigate multiple options.
We seek motivated, experienced and team-oriented producers to develop new relationships with real estate Sponsors and Developers seeking equity for office, retail, industrial, multi-family, build to rent, data centers, and all other commercial property transactions/developments throughout the United States. Initial positions are available in Matthews™ Denver, Chicago, and Dallas offices.
- Work closely with developers, buyers, and sellers of commercial real estate nationwide and develop significant long-term relationships to originate, direct, negotiate, and close real estate equity joint ventures for any and all commercial property transactions
- Work closely with investment sales brokers throughout Matthews to generate internal opportunities.
- Develop and maintain long-term industry relationships with private and institutional owners, investors and service providers to promote new business.
- Contribute to shared capital database by regularly submitting capital wants and needs updates
- Provide training, supervision and feedback to Real Estate Associates and Analysts to facilitate their growth and understanding of the business.
- Promote the various service lines of the company.
- Minimum 5 years experience in commercial real estate.
- Knowledge of real estate marketplace, various economic waterfall structures and transaction terms.
- Interpersonal skills and emotional intelligence – excellent communication, (i.e. listening, speaking, writing, presentation skills, etc.); able to gracefully interface with sophisticated investors, owners and developers.
- Strong network of real estate sponsors and capital preferred.
- Record of independent and organized worker with a team player attitude.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple opportunities.