Matthews Real Estate Investment Services™ is the fastest-growing commercial real estate company in the country. The financial analyst intern will learn to evaluate commercial real estate assets. The objective of this internship is to understand the commercial real estate industry, learn how to value assets of multiple product types, and provide support to our team. This role has a strong focus on quantitative analysis and financial modeling matched with practical business applications.
The internship is currently available for a highly motivated individual who can thrive in a fast-paced, high-energy, collaborative work environment, and apply your positive and hard-working attitude to your professional endeavors. This internship is ideal for an individual looking to become a financial analyst upon graduation.
This internship will help you acquire skills and provide you with knowledge of commercial real estate underwriting.
This is a paid internship working 10-30 hours per week.
*On-Site position – Must be located in Nashville, TN*
Tentative Date: September 1st 2022 – December 5th, 2022
- Analyze, underwrite, and forecast property cash flows and valuations using Excel spreadsheet analysis and/or underwriting software
- Breakdown and analyze profit and loss statements, rent rolls, CAM reconciliations, etc.
- Review industry surveys, benchmarks, and economic and demographic trends
- Update and maintain sales comparable for focus markets utilizing multiple data services
- Other duties as assigned
- A strong work ethic to thrive in a dynamic and demanding work environment
- Ability to meet critical deadlines
- Must have an excellent understanding of accounting and financial concepts
- Strong research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ideal candidate is pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration
- Located in Nashville, TN surrounding area
MREIS™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MREIS™ is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.