The objective of the Jr. Graphic Designer is to provide unique and compelling visual solutions that will continue to develop the Matthews™ brand. This individual should possess the ability to present new ideas clearly through design, stay current with design trends and must have the skills to produce a variety of different marketing materials, all while adhering to corporate brand standards whether for print and digital. The ideal candidate is hard working, highly motivated and excited by new challenges. You thrive in fast-paced and collaborative environments and hold experience in developing strong marketing materials. We will utilize your talents as we develop messaging for Matthews Real Estate Investment Services and its subsidiaries.
- Design and format Digital and Print marketing materials including brochures, flyers, reports, social media posts, postcards, and other marketing collateral.
- Manage projects in a timely manner with collaborating with vendors and various departments of Matthews.
- Coordinate with vendors to deliver print materials while providing a cost analysis of projected quotes.
- Ability to conceptualize and develop graphic designs from text or verbal description.
- Coordinate production of materials including gathering printing bids, packaging artwork and assembling final layouts for printers, preparing notes and instructions for printers and other vendors.
- Application without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Portfolio demonstrating a strong understanding of design principles, visual design, layout, and typography
- Must have a BA in Graphic Design or related discipline.
- Must be able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Must have proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite (Most importantly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop) as well as Google Workspace and Microsoft Office.
- Must be detail oriented, professional, and service oriented.
- Ability to uphold and maintain consistent on-brand creative standards using brand style guides.
- Ability to update and maintain company branded materials and templates
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop working relationships among all disciplines and across all company levels.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting set deadlines.
- Ability to handle various activities and set priorities for assigned responsibilities that impacts the business regionally and nationally.
- Ability to communicate and instill company culture throughout the organization.
- The willingness to respect and value customer and MREIS employee diverse cultures.
- Present a professional and courteous attitude daily.
- Video production experience is a plus (Premiere & After Effects).
The Right Candidate Will
- Be willing to experiment, be comfortable trying new things, and will not be afraid to fail.
- Have the ability to problem solve and self-teach new technologies, staying up to date on design trends and
making suggestions as needed.
- Be communicative, flexible and precise under aggressive deadlines and high-pressure situations.
- Be able to offer and receive constructive feedback in team meetings.
- Have the desire to add value to the team, division, and company in all areas; within and outside of day-today
- Posses an appetite for career growth and professional development.
- Have a strong eye for visual composition.