This is an exciting opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in video production. The Video Production Intern is responsible for assisting the Video Producer in creating a visual representation of the culture within Matthews Real Estate Investment Services through video. This is a paid internship, with the opportunity to extend.
- Assist Head Video Producer in capturing and editing content that the culture and values of Matthews™
- Responsible for the safe transfer and storage of all footage and organized and efficient media management.
- Ensure equipment is charged and properly stored before and after every shoot.
- Operate and maintain proper levels and calibration of cameras, recorders, and other production equipment.
- Assist Head Video Producer with proper three-point lighting while shooting interviews and effective set design on b-roll shoots.
- Work closely with the Head Video Producer to execute concepts through to completion.
- Maintain accurate records, logs, and transcribe production activities.
In addition to the core responsibilities of the position, may be asked, or may seek to engage unique abilities, strengths, and passions through participation on cross-functional teams.
- Communicates Effectively
- Teamwork and Inclusion
- Problem Solving / Critical Thinking
- Organized, self-motivated and very detail oriented
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Strong time and project management skills
- Junior or Senior in a 4-year university studying video production, media arts, journalism, media production, etc.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience creating, editing, and publishing online videos
- Knowledge of non-linear video production workflows (i.e. Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut Pro, AVID, etc.)
- Knowledge of full Adobe Create Suite is a plus
- Basic computer skills; MAC and Microsoft Windows
MREIS™ is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with MREIS™ is subject to proven merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, gender, religion, national origin/ethnicity, disability status, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.